So here we are in a new year, facing new challenges. Trying to keep writing and producing new work is a challenge always, but it’s one I relish. I hope 2017 will be a good year for me and my work. I have publication of my first poetry collection After The Fall to look forward to in September this year from Salmon Poetry, and I’ll be revising and polishing the poems over the next few months. But in the meantime I’m pleased that I’m continuing to publish new poems and stories. Here’s how things have shaped up so far in 2017:
- In February my poem Somehwere In Between was placed 3rd in the North West Words Poetry Competition 2016 and will be published in May 2017.
- In February my short short story Boy and Man was published in Live Encounters Poetry and Writing.
- My sonnet Stateless is published in Crannóg 44 in March 2017 (see beautiful cover above!).
- My poem Immanent will be published in Skylight 47, Issue 8, in March 2017.
- My short story The Invitation is due to be published in The Lonely Crowd, Issue 7, edited by Valerie Sirr, in Summer 2017.